Not a whole lot of back story to this one other than the fact that I’m not feeling very well today, but not so much that I can’t put this six song out. It’s cool, rainy, and cloudy in Vancouver, so I went mellow for today’s theme.
All ska, but not all the time. That’s right. Six tracks of music thought dead, but I beg to differ. I actually put a bit more commentary into this episode. Never knew I could talk that much about ska music, but that’s just the way it is. All tracks come to you via the Podsafe Music Network.
- The Toasters – pendulum
- Skankin’ Pickle[wiki] – thick ass stout
- MU330 – favorite show
- Mad Caddies – villains
- Rudiments – wailing paddle
- Johnny Socko – spa
This is getting out a little later than normal, but I’m blaming the holidays on that one. However, the theme for this installment is in regards to a blog post that I made regarding music at Vancouver Canucks games. It’s gathered some attention from people who are actual hockey DJ’s from various parts of the sport. I’m putting my money where my mouth is and explored the Podsafe Music Network this morning to quickly find some potential new blood for venues around North America.
- Superbeing – bright idea
- The Fonzarellies – rainy day
- Manganzoides – estacion reptil
- Straightfork – women, whiskey, weed, lies
- Drunken Prayer – take this hammer
- Cage 9 – hollywood car crash
- Zamarro – loud’n’wild
Rain and electronic music almost seem to go hand in hand. Here is the six song from this month. A sampling of some electronic music that I enjoy, giving you more of a taste of the various types of music that I enjoy. The weather might be a little awful today, but I assure you that the music is good. Some thanks goes to the Podsafe Music Network for allowing me to find some of these selections and play them for you.
- Vate – noble enemy
- Black Adam – tossing dice
- Wilson Davalos – imperial
- Easyflow! – stratosphere
- Poison Popcorn – submerger
- Esselfortium – elevator breaks
I am no longer a podcast virgin. I took over all aspects of RadioZoom for Episode #115 as John sat in the wings, being a very gracious co-host, podcast mentor and trainer.
The focus was on the Boston-based band Aberdeen City since I’ve been invited to interview them [miss604] before their show here in Vancouver on Tuesday October 17th. I then selected pod safe artists (from music.podshow.com) who all hail from Boston, MA to keep with a bit of a theme and tribute to my old stomping grounds.
I hope you enjoy and PLEASE leave us some feedback; comments, concerns, rants, raves.
- Aberdeen City – god is going to get sick of me
- Silent Service – carolina
- Francine – 0’s and 1’s
- Phil Ayoub – scenes from an american highway rest stop
- Matt Harmon – the finer things
- Aberdeen City – incredible story
WOXY.com ends a long running history of being one of the best sources for alternative, independent music today. In this six song(plus two), I pay my respects to one of the greatest radio stations, terrestrial and internet-only, to have ever existed. All songs in this episode were artists that I discovered through WOXY, tracked down, and received permission from.
Today marks another page in rock and roll history. Septmber 15, 2006 will forever be the day that the music stopped, for good, from WOXY.com. Even if it begins again, it will never be the same as it ever was.
- Longwave – everywhere you turn
- The Story Of – lux exetrna
- The GoStation – c’mon
- Diamond Mines – dad’s old radio
- Cedars – fleets
- The Cloud Room – hey now now
- Tapes ‘n Tapes – insistor
- Empty Rooms – try again
For the month of August, the Six(plus one) Song is here for your listening pleasure. The day started off rough, and with no bandwidth to speak of until this afternoon, I felt like kicking out the jams and rocking out. The only real theme to today is that all of this music is played with direct, artist permission. Please check out the links to the artists and help them out with your support!
- Nada Surf – blankest year
- Voyager One – salvation
- Local H – california songs
- Pretty Girls Make Graves – if you hate your friends, you’re not alone
- Travis Morrison – what’s your fantasy?
- Shiner – semper fi [thirdgearscratch.com – fan site]
- Sebadoh – i smell a rat
My Odeo Channel (odeo/572467526e016ec7)
An all artist submission episode of the Six Song Donut Spectactular! People often email me with suggestions and submissions for songs to be played on the podcast, so this episode makes up for lost ground.
- Phil Ayoub – 4th district court of bristol county
- Id Guinness – rising river
- Bohagey Bowes – tourist on the run
- The Eisenhowers – x-ray eyes
- The Ropes – i stand for nothing
- Amplifico – comedy stops here
This Six Song Donut Spectacular focuses in on K Records, an influential, indie label from Olympia, Washington. I give my best shot at learning you on what the label is, how it was started, the major players being the label, and sample some of K Records’ library.
- All Girl Summer Fun Band – canadian boyfriend
- Heavenly – snail trail
- Built To Spill – shortcut
- Black Anger – feel what i feel
- Calvin Johnson – can we kiss?
- The Shinin’ – stereotypical
British Columbia is the focus of this six song episode. Keeping up with my promise of putting out a music filled edition of RadioZoom around the 15th of every month, I did my best to bring you artists from the Vancouver, B.C. area. Suggestions and submissions for future episodes are always welcome. Selections for today’s six song come from the Podsafe Music Network.
- Critical Mass – here comes the summer! [pmn]
- Xyn – infinite trucks
- Superbeing – down in flames
- A Spectre Is Haunting Europe – hospitial problems
- T. Nile – buddy can you spare a dime
- Parlour Steps – libertine takes a lover
- BronweN – kick bag